So something rather exciting happen to me a few days ago which just reminded me what a nice place the internet can be and how it can bring fellow bloggers together.
I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Rebecca from the blog Rebellion Frase. I recently started following her and very much enjoy her fashionista tips. And she was nice enough to pass on the nomination to me! WOW thanks Rebecca!
The idea is to create connections to other bloggers and connect to new wells of inspiration. The rules are as follows:
Post about the Liebster award and thank the blogger who nominated you. Write 11 facts about yourself. Answer 11 questions created by the blogger who nominated you. Nominate 11 other bloggers with around 200 followers or less as the aim is to help people connect with more blogs (and get even more followers). Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
1. Owls are my favourite animal
2. I used to live in Cape Town, South Africa
3. I own nine cameras (NINE!) both film and digital
4. I am addicted to anything from Paperchase
5. I have never broken a bone
6. I know every line from every season of Friends
7. I have a tattoo
8. I am moving to Venice in September for 3 months
9. I would do anything for the people I love
10. I have been to South America four times
11. I have two labrador dogs called Dassie and Nahla but they are nicknamed Seal and Little Shadow.
Ain’t they cute? There, now all you lovelies know a little bit more about me. This was surprisingly hard to come up with vaguely interesting facts about little old me. I would much rather hear about all of you!
But here the questions that Rebecca gave to me:
1. If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
There are the usual questions, what are the lottery number for next week, do I get married etc etc. But I think the real question is, did I pick the right university? At the moment, I really love where I am and recently everything seems to be falling into place. But the first few months here, I really questioned everything. So I think I would ask whether at the end of my university time, was all worth it if it leads to something else? Something amazing?
2. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would definitely give at least 10% to charity and use the rest to relocate to the USA. This has always been my dream and a kick-start would be amazing. I would build my dream home with secret moving bookshelf that leads to my Batcave. And build a massive library.
3. What’s your most expensive piece of clothing?
I own £200 boots from Kurt Geiger. They are beyond amazing and honestly, I do not feel grown up enough to wear them! They are only brought out on the specialist of occasions. I don’t really like spending stupid amounts on shoes but they were too good to pass up.
4. If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
Think it would my favourite painting in the world. The Rokeby Venus by Velazquez. Currently enclosed in the National Gallery so don’t think that I will be owning it any time soon! Also, it very big…don’t think I have any wall space. Practicalities.
5. What’s your biggest regret?
Getting involved with the wrong boys. Typical.
6. What is your favourite possession?
My laptop. It connect me to everything. Lame!
7. Why do you blog?
For fun, for a break from work, for inspiration, to provide inspiration, to document, to collect, to connect. To practice, to dream, to look beyond myself
8. What is your biggest weakness?
Getting overly invested. Usually in the wrong people. I commit myself completely to people who are not helpful emotionally.
9. What is your worst habit?
Biting my nails.
10. Which person do you admire the most?
My Daddy. He has provided for my family even when it seemed impossible, he has supported my mom through so much where lesser men may have run. He is my best friend and the person I trust most. He offers the best advice and is usually right about most thinks. He is geeky and funny and does not care about the mere opinion of people. Love you DaddyO!
11. What do you want to be remembered for?
For being a loyal, caring friend, someone to be relied upon. Trustworthy and strong. A good wife and mother.
That’s enough about me, here are my 11 nominations for the Liebster Award:
Well done guys! I love all of you and you provide new inspiration each day. Here are your 11 questions:
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Embarrassing moment?
- Who inspired you most?
- What food could you never give up?
- What has been the most unexpected change in your life?
- How would you describe your style?
- What do you hate and love most about blogging?
- What makes you laugh?
- Do you have any secret talents?
- If you could have a part in any TV show which one would it be?
- Drink of choice?
I hope you enjoy thinking about these questions and get to meet new bloggers through this network. Thank you for your lovely blogs and let me know when you have done your own Liebster post!